Friday 1 December 2017

Looks familiar......

Sometimes you really shouldn't switch on Friday evening FA Cup football on the telly.  Particularly when it's a non league / football league match.  The balance of power at senior non-league level has certainly shifted since we last graced such heights.  So much so that I'm sitting here watching some f*cking team called Fylde, playing at an amazing looking stadium, and bugger me, I've just read that they are in the National League?

Hey?  What?  Who the, and what the hell are Fylde?  I mean, it's not even a place!

I'm not ashamed to admit I've had to lean very heavily on the Internet to glean any information about this Fydle thing.  After literally seconds of research, I think I've got a handle on AFC Fyeld.

How familiar does this sound?


  • The club had previously been amalgamated from two other clubs.  
  • Local, rich businessman wants to play football chairman.  
  • Builds ridiculously good ground on the edge of a village.
  • Throws huge wedges of cash at the "project." 
  • Lots of expensive players who've always wanted to play in Wesham (pop. 3584)


Well, we've all seen where this story ends, haven't we.  All I ask is that when Fdyle go bust, please, PLEASE don't try to move us there!


AFC Feydl's Mill Farm Stadium. 
All well and dandy.
But does it have Latimer Park's er, um.
Sorry, I got nothing.



1 comment:

  1. There are tonnes of clubs playing well above us in the pyramid who in my opinion are not as big as Kettering Town, but unfortunately as we are all aware we are paying the price for years of mismanagement.

    ReplyDelete