Tuesday 3 January 2012

This is why we don't normally talk to the press

It was my big moment. As I shuffled towards the turnstile, it became apparent there was a reporter asking fans for their views. Quickly I collected my thoughts...

“Excuse me, we’re asking fans for their hopes for 2012?”

I paused for a moment.

"I say to you today, my friend, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream.

I have a dream that one day this club will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that every supporter can watch his team play in its rightful home."

I have a dream that one day even the plain of Irthlingborough, swimming with injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that one day the club of Kettering Town, whose owner’s lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where we glimpse the promised land.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and we won’t be stuffed 5-0 twice inside a week.

This is our hope. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our struggle into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day".


The ET edited this slightly to:

“We need the embargo lifted, or I fear Poppies will be going down.”

Bloody journalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment