Saturday 10 December 2011

There's always a bright side to any situation

Obviously the Club's present struggles have been well documented, and no one can take pleasure from our precarious position.  It is grim, and there's no getting away from the air of desperate concern around the place.

However, here at PATGOD we couldn't be happier.  Misery seems to bring out the inner-writers amongst the Poppies faithful.  We are being inundated with unsolicited articles (well, three), which we can cut and paste on here, allowing us more free time for Christmas shopping with the missus's.  Hmm.  We haven't thought that one through very well.....




So with the future of the club hanging in the balance (allegedly), we thought we’d catch up with Chairman Imraan Ladak and find out how negotiations are going...... Unlike Trust Chairman, we at PATGOD found our call being taken first time but just as with said Trust Chairman we decided to put the conversation straight into the public domain. So here goes


PG: So Imraan what’s happening with the club now?

IL: Well as you know I’m trying to put together a deal to sell the club and at the moment we have two bidders.

PG: That’s very interesting Imraan....

IL: Arefa quick ring Dunham and tell him that we’ve now got 3 interested parties. You won’t regret this PATGOD the club’s got a great history and under your leadership a great future as well.

PG: But Imraan we don’t want to buy the club we just want to know how negotiations are going.

IL: Well PATGOD owning a football is a great experience, a chance to bond with the fans and tell them that you’re one of them. Once you’ve done that you can pretty much do want you want and they’ll go along with you.

PG: So are you saying that calling yourself a fan was just to get those present at the Wicksteed meeting to go along with the NP move?

IL: No, no that’s not the case at all. To be honest when I arrived at Wicksteed that fateful Friday I was very much undecided about what the right course of action was. It was only when I saw the ground swell of public opinion in favour of the move that I felt we had to give it a go. And of course, that ground swell didn’t include the large number of fans who weren’t able to make it that night. When you add them into the mix it was an overwhelming majority.

PG: But Imraan no one could describe the move to NP as a success?

IL: The move to NP has been a great success.

PG: Now you’re just kidding aren’t you Imraan because it hasn’t been a success.

IL: No it’s been a success. The club now has a secure future with a 25 year lease and I have something I can sell.
Somewhere under stately Ladak Manor, the
Bat phone is ringing!

PG: So how are negotiations going?

IL: Well as you know there are two three interested parties and whilst I don’t want any money for my shares I need to look after Ray & Jay. Obviously as fan first and foremost – did you get that? – I want to sell to the right person but unfortunately Ray & Jay need some cash. After all they’ve put in millions of pounds.

PG: Is that right Imraan, so how much have they actually put in?

IL: Well like I said they’ve put in a considerable amount of money and I’m just glad that we’ve got three serious bidders which means that I can negotiate hard to get the price up.

PG: So Imraan what does the future hold for yourself if you do sell the club?


IL: Well I’m going to take some time out, I’ve promised to take the missus on holiday with the sale proceeds. Do poundland have a travel agency? Then when I’m back I thought I could have an end of season bash with all the players who we’ve given such a fabulous opportunity to this year.

PG: Do you think you’re still ok with them given that you haven’t paid them?

IL: Oh no, lets put that one to bed straight away. It isn’t me that hasn’t paid them, it’s all the people I’ve blamed before and of course now I can add in to the mix John Dunham. I did tell him straight that it was his fault as well as the Evening Telegraph but he said he wouldn’t publish the interview if I didn’t retract it. Well now the truth is out there and I have to thank PATGOD for giving me the platform.

PG: Any final thoughts Imraan before you go?

IL: Yes I just want to reiterate that there’s no personal pleasure in owning a football club.....What’s that? Oh yeah tell Lee Thorne there’s nothing better....

No comments:

Post a Comment