Wednesday 20 July 2011

When is a "K" not a "K?"

This photo posted on Poppynet by Timbo of our potential new home unleashed a wave of conflicting emotions in me.





Firstly, and rather shamefully, I had a brief frisson of pleasure at seeing seats arranged in a "K" for Kettering. Why this has never been done at Rockingham Road in the forty years we have had our mighty main stand must forever remain a mystery. I guess it might have cost a few pennies, so, obviously sank to the bottom of the list of priorities, behind refurbishing the boardroom, creating the Sid Chapman Terrace hoarding, and paying Lee Fowler to sit on his fat arse and bad-mouth the club.



My second thought was, "Why is the "K" in blue?" This was immediately answered by my third observation. This was no "K" at all, but rather the "R" of Rushden with the top loop of the "R" being replaced with red seats, or worse still, digitally!





Have a close look. I guess this will be confirmed when we see what they do with the "D" on the next block of seats. What with the outside of the ground still looking as though the Direones are about to return for pre-season training, I can't escape typing "I have a bad feeling about this", to quote various characters from the Star Wars films (the real ones, not the newer shite).

No comments:

Post a Comment