Sunday 15 November 2009

Champ in Charge?

With the Rockingham Road hot seat now looking for a fresh posterior fit to rank alongside Mark Cooper's, and Nicky Eaden also on his way to Posh - the question inevitably arises, who will be in temporary charge if the need arises?

In an unexpected move, Champ the Lion has thrown his, er, mane into the ring. "I'm sure it would surprise a few people", he growled, "seeing as I haven't completed all my coaching badges and all that, but I do know the club inside out".

"With my experience of what works best in the area of walking around the pitch waving at little kiddies, I'm confident the team would be in safe hands."

"Providing the role can be combined with my usual pre-match duties - and I don't see why not - I'm ready to give it a go".

And as for whether a successful caretaker stint could open the door for something more permanent, Champ said "That's up to the chairman, all I'm focussed on is getting the lads ready for the next match".

We shall see. Whatever happens, Champ seems to be set to become the first furry, carnivorous, slightly comic creature to manage at a senior level since Altrincham's John King.

No comments:

Post a Comment